Thursday, April 14, 2011

Baby Animal Days at the American West Heritage Center

Oh my gosh, I had the most wonderful day with Alexandra today. We got to go to the American West Heritage Center and see all the baby animals on the farm there. There were bunnies, lambs (my personal favorite), kids (baby goats), piglets, calves, ponies, ducklings, and chicks. I kept thinking how fun it would be to have some chickens, ducks and sheep at our house... then I thought about how much more work that would make for my life and decided I would simply enjoy them there at the farm and go back to my more simple house with husband, kids, dog and cats. (Which certainly is a great plenty.) Alex really enjoyed herself and we had so much fun with the kindergarten looking at all the baby animals. I was able to focus on Alex and enjoy her, watching her explore and discover. I didn't feel sad about Andrew, and that is a good thing. Guilt is trying to push its way in right now as I write that, but I am able to step back and say, "Not feeling sad about Andrew while I am enjoying Alex in no way diminishes my love for him." Wow, good for me.

On another note, I have started exercising again, and it has been wonderful for me. I feel like I am taking care of myself and that is such a nurturing, good feeling. I am also sewing and creating artistically. Another way for me to nurture my soul and take care of me. Thank you Jesus for walking with me on this journey and thank you for celebrating my simple, daily triumphs with me.
Shalom,
Cyndi

2 comments:

  1. Cyndi--
    Your mom shared a link to your blog with me. Although we have only met briefly, I share a special place in my heart for you and your family. Thank you for sharing your faith and trials with others, I am so glad you posted the "Robin Poem", it was so beautiful when you read it at the funeral. Writing can be so healing, what a gift for both the writer and those of us who read. I hope our paths will continue to cross--and I hope that spring has finally arrived in Logan!
    Love,
    Colleen Down

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you need to post something about how nice the house looked for Easter, and the cake you made for your Dad, and about the boys' Scout award ceremony. It was great fun to share the celebrations with you all.

    ReplyDelete

Andrew and Alexandra, Spring 2009

Andrew and Alexandra, Spring 2009

Andrew snoozing on stairs

Andrew snoozing on stairs
zzzzz 02-18-09

Matthew

Matthew
Starting 2nd Grade 2007

Johnny

Johnny
starting kindergarten 2007

Mischevious Chrismas Elves

Mischevious Chrismas Elves
Christmas 2008

Andrew and Alexandra

Andrew and Alexandra
2007

Cyndi and her mom, May 1997

Cyndi and her mom, May 1997

Gene and his mom May 1997

Gene and his mom May 1997